Historic Spanish Point is delighted to participate in this year’s statewide celebration of the 500th anniversary of its founding: Viva Florida 500! We proudly present The Point Before Ponce: Rediscovering Paradise, a series of special events and educational programs generously sponsored by Mosaic.
- On Saturday, March 16 the museum goes to the dogs, with Los Perros at the Point, a day for man’s best friends to showcase themselves. Bring your perros for a walk around our 30-acre bay front site between 9 and noon.
- From March 20-April 27 (Wednesdays and Saturdays only, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.), costumed historical interpreters will teach visitors about life on the Spanish Point homestead. Come meet the “Old Spanish Trader.”
- Ponce de Leon landed in Florida for the first time on April 2, 1513. Celebrate Flowers, April 2, will feature a 10 a.m. garden tour and a 2 p.m. workshop.
- Friday, April 5 is our annual Members’ Celebration. This popular festive party — free for our Members; $5 per guest — will feature live music, refreshments, Flamenco Center for the Arts dancers, and the Science and Environmental Council’s Flock of Flamingos, plus Gulf Coast Heritage Association’s Annual Meeting. Our generous sponsors are Al Purmort Insurance, Inc. with Bowman, George, Scheb, Kimbrough & Koach; Sir Speedy, Sarasota; and Osprey Nokomis Chamber of Commerce + Bentley’s Boutique Hotel + Jeevy Computing. Join today!
- On Saturday, March 30 and Friday, April 19, our 1 p.m. Speakers Series will include archaeological presentations by renowned experts. Sponsored by Archaeological Consultants, Inc.
- The grand finale of The Point Before Ponce is the The Old Spanish Trader Brunch on Sunday morning, April 28. This seated event will feature music and entertainment and Spanish-inspired cuisine. Sponsored by Cindy and Tom Stuhley, Ric & Kathy Coffey/State Farm Insurance, and Margarete van Antwerpen, with John Mercurio CPA LLC, Picazio/McHargue Group/Merrill Lynch, and Rental Depot.
Enjoy free or discounted admission to all of these activities as a Member. Join the membership today.