On Saturday, November 16, the museum will close at 4 p.m., with final ticket sales at 3 p.m., so our staff and volunteers can prepare for the evening’s festive Havana Nights and White Lights celebration.
Throughout the year, the museum is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Final ticket sales are at 4 p.m. Admission to the 30-acre outdoor museum is free for Members. You may join our Membership or purchase tickets in the Visitors Center, which is open free of charge and includes an Orientation Video, Museum Store, and restrooms.
Historic Spanish Point Members, free*
Members’ accompanying guests, $5.00
Other adults and children ages 13 and up, $12.00
Seniors 65 and older, $10.00
Children 5-12, $5.00
Children younger than 5, free
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover and always appreciate cash payments.
*Historic Spanish Point Members are asked to stop at the Visitors Center to receive a parking pass.
MAKE YOUR PLANS:
- So you can explore all 30 acres of this beautiful outdoor museum, we do not issue tickets after 4:00 p.m., and we close our site gates promptly at 5:00 p.m. Generally, we recommend you allow a full two hours for your visit.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing. We also suggest you wear sunscreen.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome, but please keep in mind that some of our paths are made of crushed shell, so sturdy wheels are advised. (Call ahead to 941-966-5214 x210 to request one of our two wheelchairs, if you need one.)
- Historic Spanish Point is a smoke-free environment.
- Pets are not allowed except for service dogs or on Pups at the Point days.
- Please keep to the designated paths.
- Picnic tables are available, so bring a lunch or snack!
- Because Historic Spanish Point is an environmental museum as well as an archaeological site, we invite you to take many photos and leave only footprints.
Docent-Guided Tours (no additional charge) — Allow at least two hours for a tour and call ahead to 941-966-5214 x210 on the day you plan to visit for departure times.
Self-Guided Exploration – Our brochure-map, available at the Visitors Center, makes self touring easy. There is a lot to see and do here; explore at your own pace!
Continuous-Loop Trams — Please see information at the top right-hand side of this page.
Docent-Guided Tram Tours – For visitors who can’t easily walk the mile-long tour, a tram tour is available byadvance reservation. There is still some moderate walking involved, and passengers will want to climb on and off at certain points of the tour as appropriate. (The tram tour is not recommended for people in wheelchairs. However, our paths can accommodate most sturdy wheelchairs and electric carts.) Tram tours (each for up to seven guests per tram, seats available on a first come, first served basis) must be reserved at least two days in advance so we may schedule a volunteer Docent-tram driver. The cost for non members is regular admission plus $3.00; Members pay the $3.00 per person tram fee, only. (If you prefer, you may arrange your own private tram tour for $13 per person plus a flat fee of $15.00.) Please contact Kara Pallin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-966-5214 x260 for reservations.
Docent-Guided Group Tours – Available by previous arrangement for groups of 15 or more at a discounted rate of $8 per person. Trams are available at $14 per tram. For more information, please contact Kara Pallin at email@example.com or 941-966-5214 x260. You also may download our Historic Spanish Point Group Tour Reservation Form.
Commercial Photographers, Videographers, and all Media are asked to contact the Museum prior to site access. There may be a charge for images used for profit, this includes music videos, photo shoots for portfolios, and other restrictions. Please call 941-966-5214 x230 to inquire.